<ICM Final project – Weaving Portraits >
My original plan for final project was making weaving image with viewer’s portrait and photograph of nature. I made it work by using webcam and prepared landscape photos, but it’s not that looking good as I expected. So I used two similar portraits taken by photographer David Bailey, who has his own specific style, to make this result looking nice.
For this work, I used P5.js webGL
- Make grid of rotating 3D objects(box) by using double for loop. In this work, canvas size is 600 x 600 and size of each boxes is 50. So 12 x 12 boxes on the webGL canvas.
- Load prepared two images which size is the same as canvas, and divide these 12×12 sectors by using “get()”. And make each sector images to array so that I can texture each sectors to grid of boxes.
- Texture boxes with divided images. Choose the boxes of odd numbers in the grid to texture first image, and use second image for even number boxes.
Portrait of Michael Caine by David Bailey
Portrait of Jude Law by David Bailey
<In Progress – Video and Image>
I cannot add preview of this work because it’s not working in P5 web editor due to bug. And it’s too heavy to texture image and video at the same time.
<Feedbacks in Class>
- Medium: Just on screen? What about projecting it to other object? – Tiri
- Showing it on really really huge screen would be great. with ticking sound – Nouf
- Images: before and after, Aging, similarities between same person… etc – Mimi